If you have received an invitation to take part in ORION-4, you can use this checklist to find out if you are suitable to join the study.
Please read the Participant Information Leaflet before completing the checklist.
If you want to discuss any part of the study or are unsure how to answer these questions please call us on 0800 585323 or email us.
To be able to take part in ORION-4 you must have at least one of the conditions in the inclusion list, and none of the conditions in the exclusion list.
To take part you must be age 55 years or older, be willing to stay in the study for about five years, and answer 'Yes' to at least one of these questions:
- Have you had a heart attack? Note: If you have had a heart attack in the last four weeks you are not currently able to take part, however please call us as you may be able to take part in the future.
- Have you had a stroke? Note: If you have had a stroke in the last four weeks you are not currently able to take part, however please call us as you may be able to take part in the future.
- Have you had surgery or a procedure to unblock or bypass the arteries in your legs (e.g. angioplasty, stent or bypass operation)?
- Have you had an aortic aneurysm repair?
If you answered 'Yes' to at least one of these questions then you may be eligible to take part.
You must be able to answer 'No' to all of these questions to be able to take part. If you are unsure about your answers to these questions, please call us to discuss.
- Do you have a coronary revascularisation procedure (angioplasty or bypass graft) planned within the next six months?
- Do you have liver disease?
- Are you receiving dialysis or is dialysis planned?
- Have you had a kidney transplant or is a kidney transplant planned?
- Have you ever had treatment with injections to lower cholesterol including evolocumab (Repatha™) or alirocumab (Praluent) or inclisiran or been in a research study testing one of these treatments?
- Are you currently taking part in a clinical trial with an unlicensed drug or device?
- Do you have any other serious illness or condition that might make it difficult to stay in the trial for the whole duration (e.g. cancer or severe lung disease)?
If you answered 'Yes' to at least one of the inclusion list questions and 'No' to all of the exclusion list questions, and are interested in taking part in ORION-4, please call us on 0800 535323 to confirm or change your appointment.